Here are some thoughts I jotted down that aren’t quite sufficient for their own individual blog posts. If you’re the type of person who likes Twitter, pretend each of these are tweets.
- There used to be 5 main Top-Level Domains: .com, .org, .net, .edu, and .gov. Now there are hundred, including .photography, .surgery, and .vacations. It seems to me that having so many and such specific TLDs defeats the point of a TLD. The specific part should be the domain name and the suffix should be general. To paraphrase Syndrome: if everything’s a TLD then nothing is a TLD.
- If I hear someone say “Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire”, I check to make sure they’re not employed by or a volunteer with any of the local fire departments. If my house is burning, I want the fire trucks to show up with water, not more fire.
- It warmed my heart the other day when my son informed me that we were out of dental floss. That must mean he is using it without being told.
- Kids these days don’t know what an answering machine is. They think it’s something like Siri.
- People can goof off, but people can’t goof on. Would goofing on mean they were well-behaved?
If a fire breaks out and spreads to thorn bushes, so that staked grain or the field itself is consumed, he who started the fire shall surely make restitution.